Make your voice heard: committee on voting reform coming to towns near you
Special committee on electoral reform hearing from experts and citizens across Canada for next 3 weeks
September 19th, 2016 - 12:13pm
NDP MP Nathan Cullen (Skeena--Bulkley Valley) is ecstatic to be hitting the road to talk to Canadians about reforming our unfair, outdated voting system.
The true work of listening begins as the special committee on electoral reform makes stops around the country from now until October 7.
Every one of the committee's hearings will have time set aside for open mics to do just that, and Nathan is calling on Canadians to come tell MPs what's important to them as the committee sets out to improve Canadian democracy.
The full committee schedule is available online and individual hearing information will be posted here as it becomes available.
- Monday, September 19 - Regina SK
- Tuesday, September 20 - St-Pierre Jolys MB
- Tuesday, September 20 - Winnipeg MB
- Wednesday, September 21 - Toronto ON
- Thursday, September 22 - Quebec City QC
- Friday, September 23 - Joliette QC
- Monday, September 26 - Whitehorse YT
- Tuesday, September 27 - Victoria BC
- Wednesday, September 28 - Vancouver BC
- Thursday, September 29 - Leduc AB
- Friday, September 30 - Yellowknife NWT
- Monday, October 3 - Montreal QC
- Tuesday, October 4 - Halifax NS
- Wednesday, October 5 - St. John's NL
- Thursday, October 6 - Charlottetown PEI
- Friday, October 7 - Fredericton NB
- Monday, October 17 - Iqaluit NU
New Democrats worked tirelessly all year in Parliament to get this process off the ground, and to make it one that listens intently to the voices of Canadians.
The committee is studying how to replace our outdated first-past-the-post voting system, and these meetings are an important opportunity for Members of Parliament to learn from experts and civil society organizations - and to hear directly from citizens like you.